A Mother & Technologist
My name is Sabina Zafar and I am running for the future of San Ramon. I am running for San Ramon City Council because I am passionate about serving my home and the people that are the heart of this community, and to represent the voice of the people of San Ramon in City Hall.
I grew up in a household in which public service was practiced as a religion; serving my community is in my DNA. Being a true leader who has never been afraid of standing up for what is right and served his community selflessly, my father is my inspiration.
For the past 22 years, I have volunteered my time in my community, in my children's schools, and in my neighborhoods. It was a matter of time —after raising my children and building a career for myself in technology—I dedicated myself to serving the city that I love dearly and call home.
I humbly ask for your vote and support on November 6th.
“We need to build a strong community for our beautiful city, a place where diversity and innovation thrive, to improve the quality of life for each and every resident of San Ramon”
Service via Community Organizations
- Board of Directors, American Association of University Women (AAUW), San Ramon
- Mentor, Bishop Ranch Intelligence Innovation Accelerator (BRIIA)
- Member, Dougherty Valley San Ramon Rotary Club
- Member, Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs(APAPA)
- Graduate, San Ramon Citizen’s Police Academy
- Graduate, Leadership San Ramon Valley
- Graduate, Emerge California
Service at General Electric Digital
- Mentor, Girls Who Code
- Mentor, Year Up Interns
- Co-Chair, GE Girls Camp
- Host, @GE: Women in IoT Meetup
- Mentor, Junior Achievement of Northern California
- Appointed, San Ramon Valley Transportation Advisory Committee - 2016
- San Ramon Vigil Organizer for the lives lost at Parkland, Florida
- Fundraiser, Avon Breast Cancer Walk
- Sponsor, SRVEF Run for Education
- Host, San Ramon Weekend Hikers Meetup
- PTA Volunteer, Live Oak Elementary School
- Multicultural Event Chair, Quail Run Elementary & Live Oak Elementary School
- Camp Parent, Girl Scouts Troop 32119
- Event Chair, MASHAL