ABout sabina zafar
Sabina Zafar is an experienced technology executive and mentor, a proud mother, and a 12-year resident of—and tireless advocate for—the City of San Ramon. She has led the charge against the rapid growth of this City and the aggressive pro-development policies shortsightedly adopted by our current City leaders. She questions the direction of city and the loss of vision and community traditions that have made San Ramon one of the most beautiful cities in the world. If elected, Sabina will carefully consider the desires and concerns of the residents of San Ramon and cast her vote for the best interests of our community.
Sabina will address the difficult problems we face using methodical, problem-solving skills to bring back the quality of life our residents desire and deserve. Sabina understands the delicate balance needed to build a growing City while keeping the charm and beauty of our trees, architecture and small-town feel. She is committed to ensuring our leaders adopt an open and inclusive approach to civic governance. More importantly, Sabina will listen to the concerns of the residents, and will not take the path of least resistance when addressing the demands of a growing city in the face of evolving state and federal regulatory legislations and conflicting opinions on what is best for San Ramon.
No stranger to hard work and community service, Sabina has served on the City of San Ramon Valley Transportation Advisory Committee, on the Board of Directors for San Ramon American Association of University Women, the Board of Bishop Ranch Intelligence Innovation Accelerator (BRIIA) as a mentor for early stage startups, and is an active member of the Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs, and the San Ramon Dougherty Valley Rotary Club.
As an accomplished Technology Leader at General Electric Digital, Sabina has experience leading and designing technology solutions for Global Industrial companies which she can draw from when addressing San Ramon’s growth as a hub for technology. Sabina’s executive, community volunteer, and mentorship experience has driven her desire to give back to the City of San Ramon. She is dedicated to improving San Ramon’s quality of life, while empowering women and our youth to pursue STEM careers, while making San Ramon stand out as the center of innovation. Sabina’s children have attended schools within the San Ramon Valley Unified School District. As a parent, she has been an active volunteer with the PTA and is widely recognized for her efforts to bring the community together, using social media and volunteers to unite with community projects.
SERVICE VIA COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- Board of Directors, American Association of University Women (AAUW), San Ramon
- Mentor, Bishop Ranch Intelligence Innovation Accelerator (BRIIA)
- Member, Dougherty Valley San Ramon Rotary Club
- Member, Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs(APAPA)
- Graduate, San Ramon Citizen’s Police Academy
- Graduate, Leadership San Ramon Valley
- Graduate, Emerge California
Elected, CADEM Region 2 Delegate 2017-19
- Appointed, San Ramon Valley Transportation Advisory Committee 2016
SERVICE AT GENERAL ELECTRIC DIGITAL
- Mentor, Girls Who Code
- Mentor, Year Up Interns
- Co-Chair, GE Girls Camp
- Host, @GE: Women in IoT Meetup
- Mentor, Junior Achievement of Northern California
- San Ramon Vigil Organizer for the lives lost at Parkland, Florida
- Fundraiser, Avon Breast Cancer Walk
- Sponsor, SRVEF Run for Education
- Host, San Ramon Weekend Hikers Meetup
- PTA Volunteer, Live Oak Elementary School
- Multicultural Event Chair, Live Oak Elementary School
- Camp Parent, Girl Scouts Troop 32119
- Event Chair, MASHAL